Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hello!

I just decided that since I enjoy reading other people's blogs so much, I should join the fun.

I am married (for over 32 years) to a wonderful guy. We have three children, two daughters-in-law, and at present, three grandchildren, one more to be added in August. We are also blessed with many other children and grandchildren of the heart and faith.

We live in a very nice suburban neighborhood sort of out in the country...we often say we are homeless, or we don't know where we live. We have an address in one city, pay school taxes in another, have fire service from another, and can't get a library card from any of these places. But it is a quiet place and we enjoy it.

All of our children are out of the nest now, but we are graced with the presence of the unofficial Queen of the Circle, aka Sweet Pea, our 15 year old Yorkie. She came to live with us about three years ago, and has enriched our lives immeasurably. Weighing in at a hefty five pounds, she has pretty well got this little corner under her control. Miss Pea is very territorial and has all the dogs, cats, birds, joggers and horses in our immediate area under control. Although she doesn't see all that well anymore, there is nothing wrong with her sense of smell. If you've never been growled at by a Yorkie, you haven't lived!

The past couple of days have been a tad unusual. As I was heading for bed on Monday night, I sloshed into about two inches of water in our patio entry. Plumbing in our master bathroom had overflowed. It was clean water, thankfully. As we were to have left the next morning on a 3 day trip, I was also glad it happened when it did. Needless to say, I have been sucking up water, changing fans and generally trying to dry out.

Life on the circle is pretty mundane, and I'm not sure I'd change a bit of it.

2 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Woohoo! Welcome to the blogosphere!

(And I like it on your circle!)

Rae said...

Welcome to the neighbourhood! :)