Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Letting Go

It has come to my attention that I haven't posted in a while. Mostly that is because my life is pretty dull, and I am a little intimidated by the blogs I read...you guys really have a gift for putting everyday life into really fun sounding experiences.

I'm learning a great deal about myself and my relationship to my children these days. Now that my "baby" is 23 I've discovered that if I'd let the Lord have His way long ago, I'd probably still have red hair. I always felt it was written in the mommy code that I had to worry, fret and stew about every aspect of their sweet little lives. Now, at 32, 27 and 23 I'm finding out that I need to entrust them totally to the One in Whose hands their dad and I put them as we dedicated them to Him. RATS!!! All those wasted hours, what were they doing?, who were they with?, how were their grades?,etc.

Now I am embarking on a new season of TRYING to let those boys deal with the Father Who loves them more than I ever could, and pray that they will hear His voice, not the nagging voice of their mom. Growing up is hard on all concerned...parents, too! I am letting go of the apron strings and believing that my God will take care of the boys He gave me to share.

3 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Sweet.

I like that comment , "let those boys deal with the Father Who loves them more than I ever could." I needed to hear that, Pam.

It's a refreshing change from "let the Father deal with them" that everyone else always utters. Religiosity...it will kick your butt.

Wrestling - that's where they are. That was my next thought. So, sound the bell, boys!

love ya, me

That Janie Girl said...

are comments working yet??

That Janie Girl said...

It's working! It's working!