Friday, April 30, 2010

Parent/Child

 Parents are not supposed to outlive their children.  It is just too hard.  The past week has been especially difficult as we have witnessed dear friends suffer the loss of their son, brother, grandson, nephew and cousin.  I weep at odd moments over this...thinking that it could so be me and my husband.  It could be anyone.  

 Today, call your children.  Let them know you love them and want to hear from them, too.  Put aside all the petty squabbles that have your family tied in knots.  As TBO said in the service this week, let it go.  Our lives do not carry a written guarantee of time...tomorrow may not be an option. We have only today to express ourselves to each other.   

 Let those you love hear those words of love and appreciation from you, early and often.  I know that I will be calling more often-sorry guys, it's a mom thing.

1 comment:

Snooty Primadona said...

Every time we experience the death of family or friends, I run the same gamut of emotions. It's exactly why I constantly remind myself & others of what's really important...