Monday, January 7, 2008

It's Over

The holiday season is officially over for me today. I FINALLY got my tree and decorations down. It would seem that I am doomed to be the last one to decorate and the last to store it all. Not that all is put in the proper place, it is awaiting strong arms, legs and backs to hoist it into the attic. I am banned from entering the attic after an incident at our last house...I stepped off of a beam and through the ceiling into the garage. My guardian angel was working overtime that day! No injuries except a really bad bruise on one leg!

Anyway, I was surprised at how emotional putting the ornaments away was today. I don't know if it was because I'm pretty tired from all the hustle and bustle, or what. Nevertheless, I cried a little as I carefully wrapped the decorated eggs, my kids' picture ornaments, ornaments from my former students, my husband's ornament made in kindergarten or first grade, and most especially, the glass ornament I remember on our trees when I was a little girl. I don't know why that ornament is so special, maybe because I've never seen any like it anywhere else.

So, onward and upward to the new year. I'm ready to see what is going to happen next, I think.

1 comment:

That Janie Girl said...

I should have helped you instead of forcing you to go shopping!!!