Monday, January 14, 2008

Traveling

I just got home from visiting my good friends in Midland, TX. I had such a good time!

There is never a dull moment with Janie. She had her back window shot out on Friday night. Very spooky, but we were fairly sure that it was a bb gun shot, not a rifle. Police, etc....

Friday morning I went hunting for the first time in my life. Well, I didn't exactly hunt! I decided rather quickly that even though I was dressing in camo and denim, I wasn't really up to the rigors of the hunt. The terrain was pretty rough and I didn't have boots, plus I have definitely not taken the hunters safety program and was semi concerned that I would be in or cause an accident with one of the rather lethal looking rifles (?). I opted for sitting in the truck and watching from the warm comfort of Janie's Yukon. I did make a run to town to purchase batteries for her camera, though. When I returned I did get to see the dogs work, which is pretty amazing.

Great service by the glass company in Midland replacing the shot out window, until they lost the keys to the vehicle. After two hours they were successful in recovering the keys. More drama than I was ready for. I was glad we opted out of our trip to Lubbock.

On the way home this morning I was chosen (?) for a random check by the TSA at the Midland airport. I DO NOT DO THIS WELL!! The TSA man asks me if I have anything that is sharp or will stick him in my purse...Oh no, I think, what in the heck did I leave in my bag? My answer is no, I don't think so....Then he asks me about an item in my makeup bag. Oh, just take it and throw it away, I say. He says RELAX!!! Relax, sure, no problem.....He finishes checking out my tote bag and sends me on my way, wishing me a good day. The rest of the trip home was uneventful thankfully. Glad to be home once again. Looking forward to the next visit to Midland!

No comments: