Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Extra Grandma

I am the "extra grandma" for six, soon to be eight sweet little darlings, whose paternal grandma has gone on to be with the Lord.  Last week I spent time with the newest addition.  Oh, man, those little girls are something to behold! Having only had boys and acquiring a fourteen year old granddaughter when she entered our family, it is most interesting to see these tiny girl children and their activities. 

Has anyone but me and my mom made the amazing discovery that no matter what the size of the girl baby, they just "feel" different, lighter somehow?  Boys seem to have more bulk about them...I don't know if it's all in my mind or what.  Nevertheless, this newest one is like a little feather and has two cute big brothers and a precious big sister.  Love spending time with them and their parents, who are some of the most consistent parents I've known.  

I enjoyed the time with them, but was glad to get home to our quiet home on the circle...I only have the Queen to answer to right now, well, also TBO, but he is a little easier to talk to!


2 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

You got to play with baby Olive?

I'm jealous!!!

Pam said...

Oh yeah! She is sooo tiny and cute!