Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vacuum Cleaner Woes

I have a fairly new vacuum...not quite three years old. Last week when I was using it, I discovered that the hose attachment wasn't working well. I figured it needed some kind of adjustment, maybe a new belt, who knows?

I get out the trusty manual and discover that wonder of wonders, we bought an extended warranty serviced policy on said appliance (we rarely do). TBO takes the vacuum to the store to see about getting it fixed. While in the store, it works great, so he brings it home and we just think the ride to the store and the possibility of major surgery scared the little darling into sucking well.

Today, as I am preparing for my future daughter-in-law and our son to be here, I get trusty vacuum out to clean up a little. Seems fine for a while, hose attachment has lots of suction, change it for the carpet, then when I get ready to vacuum the rest of the tiled floors...NO SUCTION! Dagnab it, I feel like it knew that I needed it so badly and is just laughing up its little dirt bag. I guess I will have to take it to the store again and try to get it to act up. Perhaps I can explain the problem better, or maybe I'll just run the risk of having to pay a $40 service fee if the people they send it to can't find anything wrong.

I wonder if they give out loaners?

1 comment:

That Janie Girl said...

That's my kinda luck. It doesn't work. I take it back. It works. I get it home. It doesn't work.

Kind of like a diet.