Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is There Still a Sun Out There?

I know it is winter, and that means some gray, nasty days. What concerns me is that since I live in TEXAS, not the Pacific Northwest, I think there should be a few more SUNNY days here. We did have one nice, sunny day sometime in the last week, but I forget when it was, due to my SAD. All I can say is that I am sorely upset that the groundhog saw his shadow.

TBO and I are dieting, and as a result, we are much more susceptible to the cold, I guess. Many days in the last week or so have found us bundled up to our noses while sitting in the house, whose thermometer resolutely states it is 68 degrees F. I, who am never cold, have taken to wearing socks to bed, long sleeved gowns WITH pajama pants. I am a sight to behold.

I am supposed to sub tomorrow and have outside duty after school...I think the rain is due to let up and it has been forecast to be up to a balmy 50 degrees F. I sincerely hope the weatherman has made a good forecast. If it is still raining in the morning, come by the school for an interesting show of cold/wet weather attire. Flannel nightgowns and pjs are part of the teacher's dress code, I'm sure!?

1 comment:

Snooty Primadona said...

Wow, you guys are really in the *snow zone*, huh? Glad to hear you married a wise man, lol! To me, a generator would be like the only item I'd buy. Okay. Maybe several because I always overdo everything. Stay warm!

I swear I've gone through 1/2 a cord of wood so far this winter & we've had 3 snow storms, which is more than we've had in the last 21 years total. Thankfully, this last one missed us. Unfortunately, it veered up your way...