Monday, February 15, 2010

Sunshine in the Morning

Ahhh, wonderful sight this morning...the sun in its glory shining in my bathroom window to greet me as I awoke.  Bliss, pure bliss.  Plus, our furnace was still working--it had been cranky yesterday and we still had the power on.

The joy of being able to flip a switch and have lights, or cook, or just your basic coffee!  I now know that I would have been a poor pioneer.  I do not have the stuff it takes to rough it for very long.  I guess if I had been born in that era it would have been different, since I wouldn't have known any different, but, thank you very much, I believe I'll just continue my life in the 21st century.

Thank you to the wonderful electric company provider repair people who worked so hard to restore the power to us and so many others.  You people are amazing.  I know you faced the worst of the storm getting here, and working out in it.  I am grateful for your expertise.  May those of you who traveled from great distances to help us out in Texas have traveling mercies home and those who are based here, also have a sense of the gratitude those of us who benefitted from your work experienced.


2 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Yeah!!! Power. Sunshine.

Yummm.

Snooty Primadona said...

I'm totally with you. At this point in my life I couldn't be a pioneer woman, but when I was young I could have done it. Maybe. Or not.