Friday, June 5, 2009

One Week To Go

It is just one week til our social event of the year...aka our middle son's wedding! We have gotten all the RSVPs for the rehearsal dinner and are ready to call in the final count. I picked up my dress from my friend who did the alterations yesterday and my shoes arrived in the mail. I got my eyebrows and lip waxed (being very fair skinned, I tend to have interesting reactions to these procedures, thought it would be prudent to do them early). Made my appointment for my manicure and pedicure, already have my hair appointments...yes plural. One here to have a trim from my most marvelous hairdresser, and one the morning of the wedding to be coiffed and hairsprayed into submission for the ceremony and pictures by my mom's equally wonderful hairdresser. Can you say "football helmet hair" ala Sally Field in "Steel Magnolias"?

Sound ready, right? Not so much. My resident fashion expert, aka TBO, has decided he's not sure about my shoes...ok. So, later this afternoon we are going back out on a search for silver shoes, or pewter, whichever we can find in size 10, low heeled, that don't cost an arm and a leg and kill my feet. I have seen a pair online that I hope are in a local store...will let you know about the success or failure later.

No comments: